Monday, July 25, 2005

Exco selection, day 2.

Day 2 of the Exco selection was rather pathetic, but I don't really care, since we only interviewed 3 peeps. 2 others didn't want to be Exco, and hence, it was a rather easy task for us all.

Then, it came to the part which was fun, but which I dislike a bit, since we have to break people's hearts. I mean, there's a bunch of people who are aiming the VP post, but there's only 1 spot.

Oh well. Should be fun.
--

Damnit.

I hate it when people are sad.

And I hate it even more when a friend, particually one in the Chess Club, is sad.

And, probably the worst feeling of all is the fact that I can't do anything about it.

Sigh. This sucks. The afternoon went downhill with her occupied, as usual, by the same guy. I have no choice but to just let it go, knowing that I probably have no hope in any case.

It just went to hell after she appeared in a mess. I was a little pissed when she cut my connection on the phone, but I forgave her almost immediately when I saw the state she was in.

An overwhelming feeling of helplessness just washed over me. She's off-limits, of course, but I can't help but like her cheerful presence around at times. However, seeing her in that state just destroyed me.

Worst still, the realisation that I'm going to leave Chess Club soon, my favourite place in that hell hole I call my college, came crashing into me.

The times which I spent inside the room, messing around with the people and the Exco, those are the times which I'm definately going to miss.

But I guess I have to move on. I have no choice. I need to.

Or else, I'll be screwed.

But in any case, I don't know what to say to her. I'm still at a loss. I want to comfort her, but I can't do it well because I don't know what happened, and I probably will never know, since our relationship is not too close. I want to tell her to forget about it, but I can't, with the same reasoning above.

I feel so...useless.

Damnit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home